I have always been wanting to do something for my kid who is 6 years old as of 2010. I pay attention to what kids like to do and try to find out why they like to do so. Since addition is fundamental for learning math, I came to the idea of writing an interesting game which kids would like to play, and learn while doing so, based on the observation accrued.
Kids Fun Math Addition has three levels:
- Level 1 is less than 10 addition, with no zeros. Total 5 questions.
- Level 2 is addition of 10 to 20, with no zeros. Total 10 questions.
- Level 3 is addition up to 100, with zeros. Total 15 questions.
For every level, kids can pick up the question he/she likes.
- When answer correctly, an animal or other interesting thing would fly up to the rainbow.
- When the answer is wrong, kids can continue with the remaining answers. Eventually he/she would get the right answer.
After completing a level, the things on the rainbow would drop to the center. Rainbow would come down too, if all questions being answered correctly the first time.
Given kids the freedom of choice of questions is important as they don't feel being forced to do something. More importantly, I believe it helps them to become active from just passively accept everything given. The attitude helps just more than learning.
I hope your kid(s) enjoy this game, if you have any suggestions or questions, please post them here, thanks!